I was counting days! Keeping up with all the latest photos, trailers and articles–so excited I could hardly stand it…
1. Alice in Wonderland–OMG! Three of my all time favorites…Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Alice! What could go wrong? Everything…and I really, really wanted to LOVE it! But, alas…it was very depressing for me. Nothing clicked for me–the visuals were too cartooney and fake–Johnny’s Mad Hatter was Willy Jack Wonka Sparrow–and the Alice plot device was annoying–deep sigh!–sadness.
2. Due Date–Robert Downey, Jr and Zach Galifianakis–perfect comedy duo!–NOT! It was not funny–mean and awkward–but not funny–what went wrong? Maybe an ill conceived script–
3. The Wolfman–come on, it’s the wolfman!–with our technology and Benicio Del Toro this is going to rock–and it did well with the transformations and made great use of robotics, etc–if only the plot and execution of the story had done as well–I wanted to see him struggle with his curse–instead they rush to the ending.
4. Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief–Yes! A new franchise for kids and adults–the books are creative, fun and pretty much directly translatable to the screen–but nope–let’s change all that and make it suck! Yay! Hollywood! -_-
5. Catfish–a very mysterious, interesting, well marketed…SHAM!! It’s a real documentary…and extremely anti-climatic–not at all what I was lead to believe and this time it ruined it for me. I was hood winked. It is not a bad piece of film–it’s just….what? Oh, that’s it? Well…okay. I guess.