Okay–I should not admit I liked these…but I did! I liked them a lot!
I will bow my head in shame now…and add a few more Bad-tastic movies to my already long list of guilty pleasures–
1. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice–what can I say?–it works…Nic Cage being just the right amount of crazy and yet cool…Alfred Molina being a fantastic villain (he is so under rated)…Jay Baruchel being the perfect nerdy dude…and then add cool special effects–yeah there’s a dragon–it was a blast!
2. Leap Year–it’s predictable and cliché at times–but who cares–Amy Adams is adorable and I fall in love with Matthew Goode a bit more every time I watch it–plus add the gorgeous Irish landscape and viola! And to its credit–they take the long way around to the happy ending.
3. The Other Guys–I had high hopes and they were a bit dashed–but I still quote this movie and it made me laugh–more than once–not the masterpieces that Talladega Nights or Ron Burgundy–but still…”Don’t go chasing waterfalls…” and “APARTMENT POP!”
4. Shrek Forever After–I was not supposed to like this–but just like the 3 before–I did!–they make me giggle–it is hit and miss with the funny–but Rumpelstiltskin and a Fat Puss-in-Boots are enough!
5. Clash of Titans–again I have seen the original many times growing up–it is stop action awesome-ness–pure cheese!–the remake? Just the same–with cooler scorpions and Ralph Fiennes! I will take it!