1. The A-Team–I watched the TV show religiously…I heart Murdock!–this exceeded my expectations, which was bad-tastic cheese–instead we had perfect casting and a helluva good time! And I still heart Murdock!! 🙂
2. Predators–this is the true sequel to the original (one of my all time favorites–WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!)–fantastic opening sequence and then an awesome ride throughout.
3. Tron: Legacy–again going to date myself–but I loved TRON–as a sci-fi geek, it was ground breaking and full of awesome-ness–but c’mon let us admit–it was not necessarily full of substance–and Legacy delivered the same thing–eye candy visuals–and simple basic story–add one of the best soundtracks of the year by DAFT PUNK and it works.
4. The Karate Kid–which should have been been renamed The Kung Fu Kid–was a nice retelling of the same basic structure of the original–Jackie Chan is a true master and Jaden Smith has his Daddy’s charisma–look out world!
5. Nightmare of Elm Street–Wes Craven’s original vision is still tops–but this a strong remake with some modern twists–except…HELLO–where the hell were the 5 hour energy bottles??–anyway, with Jackie Earle Haley and Rooney Mara (who is going to be a big star soon) it is still solid.