(good straight comedy was hard to come by this year)
1. Easy A –refreshingly smart and fun. Emma Stone is going to be a big star!
2. Going the Distance–a realistic look at love…Drew Barrymore and Justin Long have great chemistry.
3. I Love You Phillip Morris–it fits in this category–it is a rom-com about 2 guys–in prison–sometimes a bit over the top–but Jim Carrey is a perfect fit and Ewan McGregor gives a lovely performance. You believe they love each other! (that’s more than you can say for most movies)
4. Just Wright–totally overlooked this year–what a shame, because Queen Latifah and Common are fantastic and believable. I love the Queen!
5. Date Night–it was a little hit and miss at times, but Tina Fey and Steve Carrell are incredible comedians and make it work.