1. Secretariat–a horse movie? (rolling of eyes)–bor.ing–WRONG! I was on the edge of my seat (and I knew what was going to happen)–a big thumbs up!
2. Ramona and Beezus–the title alone was enough to keep me away–good thing I was bored one day–it turned out to be a sweet, sincere story–well acted and it won me over.
3. Knight and Day–I don’t really care for Tom Cruise (a bit over rated) and Cameron Diaz, as I have mentioned, just annoys me–and yet, I completely enjoyed them in this story–maybe because Tom was winking at his star power (and craziness) and Cameron toned it down. Whatever it is–it works.
4. Devil–a small film with M.Night Shyamalan’s name attached (not a good thing now a days)–but it turns out it was written and directed by some other dudes–so I went for fun and got a pretty smart thriller. It kept me guessing and I usually figure things out quickly–they get awesome points for that!
5. Mega Mind–It looked cute, but not good–the trailer did not do it justice–it actually had a strong narrative and was so much more than what I expected–Will Farrell was pitch perfect.