Well…I actually enjoyed the first one. The 2010 Clash of the Titans was as Bad-tastic as the 1981 cult classic (which I watched way too many times when I was young) and had cool, fun modern special effects. Trust me, it was NOT the best movie ever, but it made no excuses for what it was–a mindless, fantasy adventure. Now, Wrath of the Titans doesn’t even reach those very low standards.
The ONLY thing this film does have is special effects (especially the cool Tartarus maze) but, unfortunately one can not live on effects alone. You may think I am exaggerating but I’m not. Characters? Shallow. Plot? Thin. Sam Worthington? Wooden. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes? Not enough to save it. The most exciting part? A surprise, yet too short of an appearance by Bill Nighy.
Deep sigh. Oh, well…what did I expect? Not much. And they still could not deliver. Sad. And I am sure they are working on the third installment–maybe they will call it “Shit on the Titans”–at least then you would know what you were getting into.
- Film Review: Wrath of the Titans (rhettmedia.wordpress.com)
- Movie Review: ‘Wrath of the Titans’ (theepochtimes.com)
- Film Review: Wrath of the Titans (nataliestendall.com)
- Wrath of the Titans (analyticalcritic.wordpress.com)
- REVIEW: Wrath of the Titans (markabecilla.wordpress.com)