Thanks to Keith & The Movies for giving me a shout out! So cool. I always enjoy visiting his site and find his 5 Phenomenal… series so much fun–they’re always creative and original. I appreciate that he liked me enough to pass The Liebster Award to me. Hope I can do it justice. Here are the rules this time around:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs.
So, 11 things about me–Oh my! Here we go…
1. I am a film geek. Duh! Films make me happy. If I am stressed, sad or sick, watching a movie makes me feel better. Actually, anytime movie-watching makes me feel better. I also listen to film scores (soundtracks) all the time–love them!
2. I have an ongoing love affair with Kermit the Frog (he’s my iphone cover) and all things Muppets.
3. Gary Oldman is my ultimate crush. He is amazing! **deep, dreamy sigh**
4. My lovely daughter turns 21 in September. Time is on warp speed and I am old.
5. Cats are awesome! I like all critters, but cats are my favorite. I have 3 at the moment and I will probably end up as a crazy cat lady someday. 😀
6. I love nature and the ocean. My full name, Nereida, is greek for sea nymphs and I believe it must be telling because the ocean is my affinity.
7. I did not believe in fairy tale love, until I was proven wrong six years ago. Now, I am in my own happily ever after. It does exist–who knew?
8. I am a Law Enforcement Operator for Texas Parks and Wildlife. Never a dull moment…
9. I am foodie. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE food. Dinner and a movie? Yes, please. It is truly my favorite way to spend an evening.
10. I have a fascination with vampires, but REAL vampires, that burn, disintegrate or explode in sunlight! (fyi..vampires DO NOT sparkle.) -_-
11. BORIQUA! I am Puerto Rican. (Represent!)
And now, Keith’s questions….
1. What’s your biggest movie guilty pleasure (a movie you love so much even though you know it’s bad)? Starship Troopers? Reign of Fire? Strange Days? Oh, wait…those are AWESOME! 😀
2. What actor or actress do you vehemently dislike and why? Katherine Heigl–do I need to explain??
3. What are your thoughts on the current 3-D craze? I do not mind if it enhances the films presentation. Sometimes it works–UP! and Avatar–and sometimes it doesn’t–Immortals–but most of the time I will watch movies in 2-D because I do not need the extra dimension. 🙂
4. What do you think was the best decade for movies and why? I will have to say the 1980s with the 1990s a close second. I am a child of the 80s and the movies of that decade created the film geek I am. Blade Runner. Predator. Star Wars. E.T. Indiana Jones. The Thing. Ghostbusters. Yeah, I can on and on. It was a decade of original, creative filmmaking that is still being copied to this day. Yet, the 90s had stellar films as well–but based on influence I will stick with the 1980s.
5. What the scariest movie you have ever seen? I do not scare easily–but the Sixth Sense stayed with me. I would get chilly and then freak myself out, when I was alone. I think because we all feel that sometimes, the film tapped into the fear.
6. Have you ever walked out on a bad movie at the theater? Which one and why? I have to finish it. If I paid money I will stick it out. Plus, if it sucks…I want to say I saw ALL of it and can testify to it’s suckiness. But, I seriously considered walking out of The Ugly Truth and When in Rome. Why? I have trouble with stupidity.
7. What are your aspirations for your movie blog? I hope that people will seek out my opinion and that it will help them to make decisions about what they should watch or read. Storytelling is my passion and it is awesome to write about it. Honestly, I started my blog as an outlet and the sole purpose was to have fun with it. So far, it has been a blast. The fact that it has grown a little is a bonus.
8. Siskel or Ebert? Why? Ebert. Siskel was always a bit too technical. Ebert judges most films according to their genre–Siskel tended to be harsher on films in genres he did not like. Not fair.
9. Who is the most beautiful woman or most handsome man in movies? (Heavy stuff here!) I think Mila Kunis is gorgeous! And as far as male beauty–no one can be as pretty as Johnny Depp.
10. Do you have any weird movie novelties or collectibles? If so, what are they? Nope. We collect film posters and I have a few muppets hanging around my house but, nothing weird.
11. Name three other movie blogs that you love to keep up with. I have a few that I enjoy, but I can only pick 3? Okay. 3guys1movie–Fog’s Movie Reviews–and Keith & The Movies
Now for my questions…
1. What movie have you watched over and over?
2. Who is your ultimate actor/actress crush?
3. Which film trilogy do you consider to be perfect?
4. What novel would you love to see made into a film?
5. What actor/actress do you consider to be overrated?
6. What famous/classic film have you never seen?
7. Seinfeld or Friends? Trust me, it says much about you. 🙂 (I am Seinfeld all the way…)
8. Name your favorite Super Hero and what super power would you want to have?
9. Name your favorite muppet. You have to have one–right?
10. Vampires? Yes or No. If yes, what is your favorite film?
11. If made into a movie…your life would fit under what genre? Comedy? Action? Indie? etc…
Well, I think almost all the blogs I know have been given the Liebster Award and I am a bit behind responding–so if you check this out and want to take part–go right on ahead! I recommend any blog that is following me! You’re all pretty cool! 😀